Problems with udpsrc in IPv6

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 14 09:58:23 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 10:33 -0800, fedejinkis wrote:
> Thanks Sebastian for your quick answer.
>
> Yes, you are correct, what I was saying was that the packets have
> been
> received by the udpsrc ! fakesink. So, as you told me that the
> problem could
> be in another element, my first step was just wait a little longer to
> see
> what will happen. The result was that, in 10 minutes aprox, the video
> started with a gray screen (never be better) and the message of
> /*Redistribute latency...*/. Here is the entire message:
> [...]

Please check if a) there are packets getting lost (RTP has
monotonically increasing sequence numbers), e.g. with wireshark and b)
check if the H264 codec data (SPS/PPS) is sent regularly. Decoders
won't work properly if they don't have this.

This can also be provided by the caps (or inside an SDP), in the
sprops-parameter-sets for the depayloader. The payloader is also
putting this into its caps.

Basically check if you get a valid and complete stream. If so, please
check where output stops to come (e.g. if the decoder gets input but
does not output anything), and then we can continue looking.