Maximum AV sync possible with gstreamer 1.8.0 in L4T 24.2 at 23.976 FPS

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 19 10:11:22 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 06:19 -0800, dawnpaul wrote:
> Hi sebastian,
> We also need to enable the 10 bit output of the h265 decoder. Will that be
> possible by modifying any of the gst-omx\OpenMax IL code available . We
> found that a firmware file is loaded by the driver when gstreamer
> application is called. Could we get the source of this firmware from
> nvidia?. Should we need to modify the firmware file also. How the app calls
> the firmware. We are not able to figure-out the link

If the OpenMAX IL already supports 10 bit h265, all is fine and you
only need to modify gst-omx to add support for that color format.

Otherwise you need to talk to NVIDIA to add support for it to the
driver/firmware.

> Would like to know how gstomxh265dec.c calls the OpenMax IL or the linux
> kernel driver.

Take a look at the code really, that's too much to explain in a simple
mail. The important lower-level parts are in gstomxvideodec.c and
gstomx.c, gstomxh265dec.c is just adding the H265 bits on top.