Maximum AV sync possible with gstreamer 1.8.0 in L4T 24.2 at 23.976 FPS

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 19 10:13:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 06:08 -0800, dawnpaul wrote:
> Hi Sebastian
> Could we confirm that the issue is not with the omxh265dec?. How could we
> dynamically change the frame scheduling in videosink after going to the
> playing state.

I don't understand what you mean here, sorry.

> Could we  use FBIO_WAITFORVSYNC to get the vsync time from
> driver.

Possibly, you could make use of that in the videosink (modify the code)
to schedule frames based on the vsync.

If it's just synchronous waiting for the next vsync, then that's not
trivial though. You would need to calculate based on that when the next
vsync would most likely be (based on past observations), and then
schedule frames according to that.