Carrying buffer address between elements

Mert Can Ergun mert.ergun at mikro-tasarim.com.tr
Tue Nov 22 14:24:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recently posted another question about having multiple mount points and a
simultaneous recording process on the same RTSP server which consists of an
element that can't be instantiated twice.

Sugggested way of doing this was to carry buffers with appsrc and appsink
and have one static pipeline to include source and appsink and N other
pipelines with appsrc as their source elements.

Problem here is, source and some other components use physical memory to
store frame data and they negotiate with each other to achieve encoding with
zero copy.

Can I copy the location of the frame captured by hardware instead of the
frame buffer itself? How would I decode it as frame in appsrc if I do so?