gst-sdk-tutorials android runtime eror

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 28 07:35:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-11-25 at 14:05 -0800, mahendra0203 wrote:
> Hey Sebastian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The new release does not have this issue. Thanks for the new release.
>
> I am trying to build a gstreamer pipeline viewer app in android on the lines
> of
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.effisoft.rpicamviewer2&hl=en
> .
> My videoviewer code is similar to android_tutorials_3 in the
> gst-sdk-examples repository. I was able to setup a working stream and view
> it on an android phone.
>
> Now there is a new issue, the stream hangs after 7-10 seconds. The only
> error I received on the console was
> gstgdpdepay.c:565:gst_gdp_depay_decide_allocation:<gdpdepay2> Peer
> allocation query failed
> gstgdpdepay.c:565:gst_gdp_depay_decide_allocation:<gdpdepay2> Peer
> allocation query failed
>
> Also, the server is sending an EOS message to the app. And this happens only
> in this app, if I view the stream on a desktop client I don't receive an
> EOS. Also the rpi cam viewer mentioned earlier does not have this issue.
> Client command
> tcpclientsrc host=<IP> port=<PORT> ! gdpdepay ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
> videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false
>
> Server command
> gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! tspserversink host=<IP>
> port=<PORT>
>
> Any idea why the server is sending EOS message to android app ? Or am I
> missing something else here ?

Not without more details, like where the EOS comes from. Check the
debug logs.

Also better use rpicamsrc instead of something with fdsrc:
https://github.com/thaytan/gst-rpicamsrc

And using RTP together with GDP does not make much sense, just using
GDP alone will work the same way without another layer in between. But
you might just want to use gst-rtsp-server on the server and rtspsrc on
the client instead of something complicated around the TCP elements.