Problems with udpsrc in IPv6

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 25 10:13:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-24 at 23:13 -0800, fedejinkis wrote:
> I have tried with rtpjitterbuffer next to udpsrc element and before
> of h264depay. It is possible that the repeated packets has been
> ignored, but, the problem persist, even with the property no-
> lost=true.

no-lost=true only prevents rtpjitterbuffer from reporting lost events.
It still does the same work.

What problem persists though?

> Maybe the main problem is the network, but, it is very strange, I am
> using an AdHoc network and a common home network... I think that the
> problem is in the elements that I use to build the pipeline, or
> maybe, GStreamer just can not deal with IPv6. How Chinese people (who
> have in general IPv6) work with this kind of streams?
> I really need to find a solution of this issue, but, I do not know
> where search. I am sure that there must be a way to stablish the
> connection properly, after all, IPv6 supposedly is better to this
> kind of applications...

IPv6 generally works just fine in GStreamer. You really need to debug
in more detail here what happens, my best guess at this point is that
your network behaves different with IPv6 or there is some kind of
misconfiguration.