gst-sdk-tutorials android runtime eror

mahendra0203 mahendra0203 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 22:05:01 UTC 2016

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply.

The new release does not have this issue. Thanks for the new release.

I am trying to build a gstreamer pipeline viewer app in android on the lines
of
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.effisoft.rpicamviewer2&hl=en
.
My videoviewer code is similar to android_tutorials_3 in the
gst-sdk-examples repository. I was able to setup a working stream and view
it on an android phone.

Now there is a new issue, the stream hangs after 7-10 seconds. The only
error I received on the console was
gstgdpdepay.c:565:gst_gdp_depay_decide_allocation:<gdpdepay2> Peer
allocation query failed
gstgdpdepay.c:565:gst_gdp_depay_decide_allocation:<gdpdepay2> Peer
allocation query failed

Also, the server is sending an EOS message to the app. And this happens only
in this app, if I view the stream on a desktop client I don't receive an
EOS. Also the rpi cam viewer mentioned earlier does not have this issue.
Client command
tcpclientsrc host=<IP> port=<PORT> ! gdpdepay ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false

Server command
gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! tspserversink host=<IP>
port=<PORT>

Any idea why the server is sending EOS message to android app ? Or am I
missing something else here ?

Thanks,
Mahendra Naik