unable to decode multicasting issue from gstreamer rtsp server

Jake Zhang zjpseudo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:34:01 UTC 2016

I am using rtsp sever 1.10.0
Even for the ./test_multicast example, VLC and ffmpeg is unable to decode
the video.
If I use wireshark to capture all the pkts, I can extra the correct video
data out of pcap data.

I was suspecting my network setting has issue, but if I use another rtsp
streaming
server like live555 of ffserver, I have no issue.

I also tried using udpsink to do multicasting, also works, so I am kind of
confused why typical rtsp demuxers like vlc or ffmpeg is unable to decode
the video.

Nothing looks wrong from log.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

Thanks