unable to decode multicasting issue from gstreamer rtsp server

Jake Zhang zjpseudo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:39:22 UTC 2016

Any data point. I redirect mutlcasting to go to loopback device by doing
below and got same results.

route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev lo
ifconfig lo multicast

tcpdump and wireshark shows gstreamer rtsp server is outputting correct
data but VLC and ffmpeg is unable to demux/decode them. All rtsp
handsharking part was complete (DESCRIBE/SETUP/PLAY) without issue. Media
is prerolled and played.