Recording Pipeline wants to get ES data from Playbin3 pipeline.

HoonHee Lee hoonh83.lee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 00:01:32 UTC 2016

Dear All.

Our company uses the playbin3 pipeline as a general pipeline.
Also, it is used for playing broadcasting(e.g live TV).

In this case, audio, video and subtitle are fed separately and each ES data
is fed by multi appsrc.

Now we have to support recording the live TV in such DVR(Digital Video
Recording).
For this, our recording pipeline wants to get ES data from playbin3
pipeline. not mean raw data.

Thus, we are thinking to use tee and appsink elements.
In front of MQ, tee element would split the ES data and appsink will post
sample data.
Then, Recording pipeline will get ES data and record as well.
This is our approach.

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4679907/TV_Pipeline.png>

Please review my approach and share your opinions.
I am always welcome any of approaches with ideas.

Thanks.