How to distribute an app that use latest gstreamer

suspension manusha1980 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:29:56 UTC 2016

Thanks Nicolas for the information.
I forgot to mention that I am able to build all required libs in windows
using VS. In windows my app only depends on gstreamer related libraries such
as gstreamer, base plugins. In Linux, this app uses gtk toolkit to create
the GUI. Building gtk requires building lots of other libraries.. In windows
the app does not use GTK.

I had a look in to flatpack. Although it looks promising, I am not sure if
I will have to face issues when I want to support all the dependencies such
as GTK. Also I dont understand how this differs from docker.

I also tried gstreamer build system in my windows 10 machine. Looks like I
cant run bootstrap in windows 10. I can try it in linux as I really dont
need this for windows. Do you think I can use this build system to build GTK
and its dependencies as well?

Thank you