How to distribute an app that use latest gstreamer

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Oct 5 02:01:09 UTC 2016

Le 4 oct. 2016 5:42 PM, "suspension" <manusha1980 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks Nicolas for the information.
> I forgot to mention that I am able to build all required libs in windows
> using VS. In windows my app only depends on gstreamer related libraries
such

Make sure you'll be able to provide all the VS project and scripts when
asked. Otherwise this looks is fine. With the venue of meson, it should
become easier to do.

> as gstreamer, base plugins. In Linux, this app uses gtk toolkit to create
> the GUI. Building gtk requires building lots of other libraries.. In
windows
> the app does not use GTK.
>
> I had a look in to flatpack. Although it looks promising, I am not sure if
> I will have to face issues when I want to support all the dependencies
such
> as GTK. Also I dont understand how this differs from docker.
>
> I also tried gstreamer build system in my windows 10 machine. Looks like I
> cant run bootstrap in windows 10. I can try it in linux as I really dont

You should report any issues you may have encountered. You can also cross
compile for Windows using mingw.

> need this for windows. Do you think I can use this build system to build
GTK
> and its dependencies as well?

Cerbero already support building Gtk. This is to support tutorials and
PiTiVi.