gst_rtp_jitter_buffer_loop() getting stuck in gst_pad_push()

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Oct 7 01:31:56 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-10-06 at 15:37 -0700, Sean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My pipeline use Rtpbin/Rtpjitterbuffer to receive RTP audio and video data,
> re-ordering and then send out the ordered data for the subsequent elements.
> gst_rtp_jitter_buffer_loop() is the main loop for Rtpjitterbuffer audio and
> video thread to send out data. In the beginning of pipeline, both
> audio/video thread keeps receiving data and output data in
> gst_rtp_jitter_buffer_loop(). And I found when there's no video data
> received in Rtpbin, video thread waits in JBUF_WAIT_EVENT() in
> gst_rtp_jitter_buffer_loop(), which is expected. But the audio thread gets
> stuck in
> gst_rtp_jitter_buffer_loop()->handle_next_buffer()->pop_and_push_next()->gst_pad_push()?
> Is it normal or is there anything setting I should set for
> Rtpbin/Rptjitterbuffer to let Rtpbin keep sending out audio data?

This would mean that whatever is downstream of the audio
rtpjitterbuffer is blocking. If you say no audio, you mean there is no
audio at all from the very beginning? If so, the problem is most likely
that the video part of the pipeline never prerolls (i.e. the video sink
gets no data).

Does it work if you remove the video part? Or set async=false on the
video sink?