Extremely simple live player (Was: How to scale to maximum video sink width and height)

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 16 17:06:45 UTC 2016

Hi all,

As follow up on
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2016-October/060868.html
a new post. I have also looked at livav-tools and mplayer but these have
much less support for USB cameras formats.

So gst-launch is only for testing, hence I am looking for an extremely
simple live player based on gst and written in C. When I look at the
tutorial, I see that parsing the pipeline is also used there:

http://docs.gstreamer.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=327735

Does that mean that this is also not the fastest way? Note that I want
to deploy the solution on Raspberry Pis without X, so it must as fast as
possible. Do I simply put in line number 12 the pipeline I need? Or do I
omit the parsing and connect with lower lever functions the source to
the sink?

All I need is
  gst-launch-1.0 -q v4l2src ! autovideosink
or
  gst-launch-1.0 -q v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! autovideosink

(The full-screen part I postpone. As I run it from the command-line
without X, I do not have a widget to embed to sink in.)

Thanks,

Pander