how to know if dash content is AES-128 CTR or CBR encrypted stream

Sanjay Gupta sanjayg417 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 03:26:49 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have a encrypted dash content which I got from dashif.org:
http://dash.edgesuite.net/dash264/TestCases/6b/microsoft/CENC_HD_Time/CENC_HD_time_MPD.mpd

I would like to know if this content is AES 128-bits *CTR* encrypted stream
or ES 128-bits *CBC* encrypted stream.

I saw that latest QT demux is printing this information in following change
list: ES 128-bits CBC encrypted stream:

*qtdemux: PIFF box detection and parsing
supporthttps://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/commit/gst/isomp4/qtdemux.c?id=fd7964e7462544a0c120ebf1d4c8e4b0174a1518
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/commit/gst/isomp4/qtdemux.c?id=fd7964e7462544a0c120ebf1d4c8e4b0174a1518>*

But when I am trying to play the above dash content, function which prints
CTR or CBC information in QTDemux is not executed?

Can someone please suggest how to get this information?

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay