tsdemux -> mpegtsmux: GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Oct 24 19:12:34 UTC 2016

On 24 Oct 2016, at 6:26 PM, Olivier Crête <olivier.crete at collabora.com> wrote:

> Then you muse use the appropriate parser for each stream. You can try
> using parsebin from git master or you can use decodebin and select to
> decode or not using the "autoplug-continue" signal to autoplug the
> parser. Sadly, we still don't have a nice transcoding/transmuxing API
> in the core of GStreamer, but gst-transcoder[1] from the pitivi project
> may be a start in the direction you want.

Right now I’m keen to start with anything that’ll give me working audio, I can optimise things later.

I’ve tried decodebin3 as below (this is a guess, I cannot find any usable decodebin3 examples that show it being used anywhere apart from this presentation[1]):

- Video only worked fine, now hangs after 10 seconds or so:

... ! decodebin3 name=demux ! omxh264enc target-bitrate=500000 control-rate=variable-skip-frames inline-header=true periodicty_idr=25 ! h264parse config-interval=10 ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! hlssink target-duration=0

- Video + audio hangs immediately:

... ! decodebin3 name=demux ! omxh264enc target-bitrate=500000 control-rate=variable-skip-frames inline-header=true periodicty_idr=25 ! h264parse config-interval=10 ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! hlssink target-duration=0    demux. ! queue ! audiorate ! voaacenc ! aacparse ! mux.

- Audio only hangs after about 5 seconds, and video decoder is started for no clear reason:

… ! decodebin3 name=demux ! audioconvert ! voaacenc ! aacparse ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! hlssink target-duration=0

Does anyone have any examples of how decodebin3 is used in practise?

[1] https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/events/gstreamer-conference/2015/Edward%20Hervey%20-%20decodebin3.pdf

Regards,
Graham
—