iOS and gstreamer, or trouble with glimagesink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Oct 24 06:47:37 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-10-22 at 07:28 -0700, alex_malishev wrote:
> Hi everybody! Sorry for my english.
>  I'm developing the video streaming app for Android and iOS. I want to show
> video coming from media server on apple device with iOS 10. I built a
> pipeline which have udpsrc as a source element and glimagesing as sink
> element. Between them, of course, there are other elements which decode
> stream from h264. Pipeline works great, I have already tested it on android
> device. But on my iOS device video doesn't show, but I see in tcpdump on my
> server that the packets arrive on the  iOS device. I think it's because of
> glimagesink.
> * - Could anyone tell me how should I use glimagesink properly?*

How do you know it's because of glimagesink? Does it work with a
different pipeline with glimagesink, e.g. when using videotestsrc?

Always try to reproduce the problem with the simplest pipeline
possible, simplify the pipeline.

If you can reproduce it with videotestsrc, please share your testcase
code so we can take a look.

>  Also on Android devices I can see the video, but when I try to build and
> launch other pipeline with glimagesink video doesn't show but I can hear the
> sound which means that device recieve packets.

Try to make an as simple as possible testcase that reproduces this
problem and share it. How and which window ids are you setting on the
two different glimagesink?

> *So that also means that the previous window didn't finalize properly, so
> what should I do with this? *

glimagesink will stop using it once you set it to NULL state.