pipeline to convert to wavpack

Bearcat Şándor bearcatsandor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:22:50 UTC 2016

Thanks Sebastian, i'd sent this with the incorrect email account and while
i was waiting for it to go through, i figured it out.

What i would like to know is, if there is a way to put a sink in here that
will convert to 16/44.1 but keep multiple channels intact

Thanks,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 6:31 AM Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2016-10-30 at 23:27 +0000, Bearcat Şándor wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm using beets to convert files to wavpack.  The command that i've
> > constructed is:
> >
> > gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="$source" ! decodebin ! audioconvert
> > ! wavpackenc extra-processing=6 md5=true ! apetag ! filesink
> > location="$dest"
> >
> > It's converting the files, but it takes 797 seconds to process an
> > album with 420mb worth of music in flac (on a hex core with a SSD
> > raid 10), so i think there's a mistake someplace (probably the
> > apev2demux).  As well what i'd like is the  wavpack equivalent of
> > 'wavpack -hhx3md'
> >
> > Would anyone mind helping me construct this pipeline?
>
> It could make sense to set extra-processing to a lower number to make
> it faster. Apart from that, why do you think something is going wrong?
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

Bearcat M. Şándor, CEO
Feline Soul Systems LLC