Problem when binding Android Surface to glimagesink

pedjaman pedjaman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:25:04 UTC 2016

So i have same problem like creator of this thread.
I'm rendering to SurfaceTexture from android MediaPlayer, VLC, ExoPLayer,
but gStreamer is not rendering to it. Sound goes, but no video rendered.
Also onFrameAvailable(SurfaceTexture surface) meaning that new frame is
ready is fired, meaning that gStreamer rendered something but it black.

I've used

https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player
<https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player>

as a base and just not getting surface from SurfaceView. I was using
SurfaceTexture

                mSurface = new SurfaceTexture(mTextureID);
                mSurface.setOnFrameAvailableListener(this);
                Surface surface = new Surface(mSurface);
                mGstMediaPlayer.setSurface(surface);

Any tips?