Problem when binding Android Surface to glimagesink

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:20:45 UTC 2016

On 13/09/16 07:25, pedjaman wrote:
> So i have same problem like creator of this thread.
> I'm rendering to SurfaceTexture from android MediaPlayer, VLC, ExoPLayer,
> but gStreamer is not rendering to it. Sound goes, but no video rendered.
> Also onFrameAvailable(SurfaceTexture surface) meaning that new frame is
> ready is fired, meaning that gStreamer rendered something but it black.
>
> I've used
>
> https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player
> <https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player>
>
> as a base and just not getting surface from SurfaceView. I was using
> SurfaceTexture
>
>                 mSurface = new SurfaceTexture(mTextureID);
>                 mSurface.setOnFrameAvailableListener(this);
>                 Surface surface = new Surface(mSurface);
>                 mGstMediaPlayer.setSurface(surface);
>
> Any tips?

glimagesink doesn't support rendering into a SurfaceTexture and a new
video sink element would be needed for that functionality.  The GL part
would look very similar to the existing gtkglsink/qmlglsink elements
with only the platform specific stuff changing.

For zerocopy decoding, the decoder will output to it's own
SurfaceTexture for the external-oes texture that glimagesink will
happily render to a non-SurfaceTexture.

What exactly are you looking to do with your SurfaceTexture?

Cheers
-Matt