MP4 files wit AAC

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:29:19 UTC 2016

According to Microsoft support, then it says.

"Windows Media Player does not support the playback of the .mp4 file
format. You can play back .mp4 media files in Windows Media Player when you
install DirectShow-compatible MPEG-4 decoder packs. DirectShow-compatible
MPEG-4 decoder packs include the Ligos LSX-MPEG Player and the EnvivioTV."

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316992

The page states WMP12 supports mp4 and further down they write it doesn't.