AW: MP4 files wit AAC

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Thu Sep 15 05:29:48 UTC 2016

I know that I can play MP4 files on Windows 7 when I install LAV filters but my customer requires that my files should be playable on a windows out of the box.
If I use ffmpeg to transcode them from mp4/h264/aac to mp4/h264/aac the files are then playable so what I need to know is what is ffmpeg doing that the avenc_aac is not doing.