gst_parse_launch() UDP and fakesink

qbranchmaster sebastian.tabaka at outlook.com
Thu Sep 15 07:51:02 UTC 2016

Hello.
In my application I am opening MP4 file and then rendering it to the OpenGL
texture. It is working fine. I am creating pipeline in this way:

pipeline_video_0_ = GST_PIPELINE(gst_parse_launch("filesrc
location=video.mp4 ! "

"qtdemux ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! "

"glupload ! gleffects effect=0 ! "

"fakesink sync=1 name=video1", nullptr));

But now I want to open UDP stream. To do that I have to use this code:

gst.pipeline_video_0_ = GST_PIPELINE(gst_parse_launch("filesrc
location=video1.sdp ! sdpdemux ! "

"decodebin ! videoconvert ! glupload ! "

"gleffects effect=0 ! identity name=video1 ! "

"glimagesink sync=1", nullptr));

This code is working, but I do not understand why I have to use "identity"
element (I found in the internet some example which used it) and why I have
to use glimagesink? I want to use fakesink, because using glimagesink
another window with video shows up.
How to create correct pipeline which allows me to receive data from UDP and
push it to the fakesink?
Thank!