RTSP streaming issue

sebbesen sbebbesen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:11:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm new to gstreamer so bear with me please. I'm having issues playing back
an audio stream over rtsp on a Raspberry Pi 3 (Jessie). My best attempt was:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://<my-rtsp>.stream ! decodebin !
alsasink --gst-debug-level=3

The most interesting line form the debug information is probably:

decodebin gstdecodebin2.c:1813:analyze_new_pad:<decodebin0> error: A MPA
audio RTP depayloader plugin is required to play this stream, but not
installed.

I believe I have pretty much all possible plug-ins installed (good, bad,
ugly...). I tried adding all kinds of other stuff to the pipeline such as
rtpmpadepay, but it didn't help. I realized that omxplayer can easily play
the stream which I used to collect a bit more information. The output of
omxplayer -i rtsp:/<my-rtsp>.stream is

Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, mono, s16p, 64 kb/s

Your help is very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Soren