RTSP streaming issue

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Sep 20 11:30:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 00:11 -0700, sebbesen wrote:

Hi,

> I'm new to gstreamer so bear with me please. I'm having issues
> playing back
> an audio stream over rtsp on a Raspberry Pi 3 (Jessie). My best
> attempt was:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://<my-rtsp>.stream ! decodebin !
> alsasink --gst-debug-level=3

For starters, it might be worth trying

  gst-play-1.0 rtsp://<your-rtsp>.stream

or

  gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=rtsp://...

> The most interesting line form the debug information is probably:
>
> decodebin gstdecodebin2.c:1813:analyze_new_pad:<decodebin0> error: A
> MPA audio RTP depayloader plugin is required to play this stream, but
> not installed.

> I believe I have pretty much all possible plug-ins installed (good,
> bad, ugly...). I tried adding all kinds of other stuff to the
> pipeline such as rtpmpadepay,

Hrm, so yo have rtpmpadepay installed, but it still complains about the
above? That's unexpected. If you can make the stream public or upload a
debug log somewhere that'd be helpful, then we can take a look.

Also, have you tried the same pipeline with GStreamer on a recent
desktop/laptop distro to see if it happens there too?

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference!
10-11 October 2016 in Berlin,