qmlglsink plugin installation problem

riteshSTPL ritesh at syntronstech.com
Fri Sep 16 12:35:34 UTC 2016

1. Did the ./configure output say it was going to build the qt plugin?
./configure output says qt under this
configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will be built:
    bz2
    dash
    decklink
    dtls
    dvb
    fbdevsink
    gl
    gtk
    hls
    qt
    shm
    smoothstreaming
    vcdsrc
    wayland

2. Do you have GST_PLUGIN_PATH pointing to /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0 ?
I think no. because "echo $GST_PLUGIN_PATH" output Blank

3. What happens when you run gst-inspect-1.0 on the plugin file directly?
e.g gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
Plugin Details:
  Name                     qt
  Description              Qt gl plugin
  Filename                 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
  Version                  1.8.3
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gst-plugins-bad
  Source release date      2016-08-19
  Binary package           GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
  Origin URL               Unknown package origin

  qmlglsink: Qt Video Sink

  1 features:
  +-- 1 elements

So i think its problem in PATH, Right?
So Whats the default location where gstreamer plugin installed? I think its
not /usr/local, right?
So what should be the .configure command argument?