qmlglsink plugin installation problem

Ritesh Panchal ritesh at syntronstech.com
Fri Sep 16 12:38:06 UTC 2016

1. Did the ./configure output say it was going to build the qt plugin?
./configure output says qt under this
configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will be built:
	bz2
	dash
	decklink
	dtls
	dvb
	fbdevsink
	gl
	gtk
	hls
	qt
	shm
	smoothstreaming
	vcdsrc
	wayland

2. Do you have GST_PLUGIN_PATH pointing to /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0 ?
I think no. because "echo $GST_PLUGIN_PATH" output Blank

3. What happens when you run gst-inspect-1.0 on the plugin file directly?
e.g gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
Plugin Details:
   Name                     qt
   Description              Qt gl plugin
   Filename                 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
   Version                  1.8.3
   License                  LGPL
   Source module            gst-plugins-bad
   Source release date      2016-08-19
   Binary package           GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
   Origin URL               Unknown package origin

   qmlglsink: Qt Video Sink

   1 features:
   +-- 1 elements

So i think its problem in PATH, Right?
So Whats the default location where gstreamer plugin installed? I think its not /usr/local, right?
So what should be the .configure command argument?