qmlglsink plugin installation problem

riteshSTPL ritesh at syntronstech.com
Sat Sep 17 05:50:44 UTC 2016

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for the Reply.

I can able to get qmlglsink plugins by following steps
git clone https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-bad
cd gst-plugins-bad
git checkout 1.8.3
export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/
./autogen.sh
make
make install

gst-inspect-1.0 qmlglsink
Factory Details:
  Rank                     none (0)
  Long-name                Qt Video Sink
  Klass                    Sink/Video
  Description              A video sink the renders to a QQuickItem
  Author                   Matthew Waters <matthew at centricular.com>

Plugin Details:
  Name                     qt
  Description              Qt gl plugin
  Filename                 /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
  Version                  1.8.3
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gst-plugins-bad
  Source release date      2016-08-19
  Binary package           GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
  Origin URL               Unknown package origin

GObject
 +----GInitiallyUnowned
       +----GstObject
             +----GstElement
                   +----GstBaseSink
                         +----GstVideoSink
                               +----GstQtSink

But if i try to build "gst-plugins-bad/tests/examples/qt/qml" project. The
build got successful. But Running the application gives me following error.
ERROR:../qml/main.cpp:52:int main(int, char**): assertion failed: (src &&
glupload && sink)

If i comment out
g_assert (src && glupload && sink);
, And try to run app i got following error.
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/main.qml:7 module "org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GLVideoItem" is not
installed

ASSERT: "!isEmpty()" in file
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qlist.h, line 316
The program has unexpectedly finished.

So how to solve this error?