qmlglsink plugin installation problem

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:00:59 UTC 2016

On 16/09/16 22:38, Ritesh Panchal wrote:
> 1. Did the ./configure output say it was going to build the qt plugin?
> ./configure output says qt under this
> configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will be built:
>     bz2
>     dash
>     decklink
>     dtls
>     dvb
>     fbdevsink
>     gl
>     gtk
>     hls
>     qt
>     shm
>     smoothstreaming
>     vcdsrc
>     wayland

Good.

> 2. Do you have GST_PLUGIN_PATH pointing to /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0 ?
> I think no. because "echo $GST_PLUGIN_PATH" output Blank

Right, so this is your issue.  By default only system plugins are loaded
which are in /usr, not /usr/local.  You need to add
/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0 to GST_PLUGIN_PATH for GStreamer to
automatically find the qt plugin.

> 3. What happens when you run gst-inspect-1.0 on the plugin file directly?
> e.g gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
> gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
> Plugin Details:
>   Name                     qt
>   Description              Qt gl plugin
>   Filename                 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqmlgl.so
>   Version                  1.8.3
>   License                  LGPL
>   Source module            gst-plugins-bad
>   Source release date      2016-08-19
>   Binary package           GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
>   Origin URL               Unknown package origin
>
>   qmlglsink: Qt Video Sink
>
>   1 features:
>   +-- 1 elements

Looks good.

> So i think its problem in PATH, Right?
> So Whats the default location where gstreamer plugin installed? I
> think its not /usr/local, right?
> So what should be the .configure command argument?

It's not a configure argument but rather an environment setup.  When
building your own GStreamer packages you also need to setup the
necessary environment for GStreamer to find them correctly.  If you're
building the same version as you already have installed and only
attempting to complement the installed packages, you can usually get
away with just adding paths to GST_PLUGIN_PATH.  Anything more
complicated/involved requires setting up a full prefix/uninstalled
environment.  e.g.
https://arunraghavan.net/2014/07/quick-start-guide-to-gst-uninstalled-1-x/
is a quick guide for setting up an uninstalled setup in your home
directory (or anywhere else) that can also be used for stable branches
(1.6, 1.8) with some slight modifications.

Cheers
-Matt