Removing silence from a stream

Tue Sep 20 09:28:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

thanks for your effort,

I did a quick look to your patch, the only relevant addition seems a new
signal that post on the bus the voice buffer, I don't like much this way
to do the things, generally the buffer timestamp is posted  on the bus
and not the whole buffer but maybe this can be useful for your use case

I think the only missing piece is to make VAD_POWER_THRESHOLD
configurable: you changed the hardcoded value from -40 dB to -35 dB but
this seems still not configurable

anyway I don't use the plugin anymore and since seems there is no
interest upstream I'm not motivated to send a new patch to make the
threshold configurable,

Nicola