Requesting a simple example using fdsrc and fdsink

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Sep 20 15:05:46 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 07:48 -0700, Piper984 wrote:

Hi,

> gst-launch-1.0 -e -v videotestsrc is-live=true horizontal-speed=1 !
> fdsink |
> gst-launch-1.0 -e -v fdsrc fd=0 ! autovideosink
>
> But when I try this I get the following error message:
>
> streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

The pipe won't maintain the one-buffer-one-frame packetisation.

You can either add a videoparse element after fdsrc and configure it as
needed (plus add a videoconvert in front of autovideosink, since
there's no negotiation across the pipe), or use gdppay ! fdsink / fdsrc
! gdpdepay.

There are other mechanisms as well like shared memory sinks/sources
fwiw.

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference!