DCP Streaming

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Sep 22 20:21:01 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-09-22 at 15:48 -0400, Aaron Boxer wrote:

> Thanks. DCP is a container for video and audio, and other metadata. I would like to create
> a plugin that decompresses the video, and then streams over an existing protocol,.

So you want to write a demuxer for DCP, that is then outputting the
JPEG2000 video stream (and the audio), and gets the input via filesrc
or anything else?

> So, my question is: what is the best streaming format to use, once I decompress ?
> For example, are there lossless video streaming formats ? Lossless because the original
> is "visually lossless", so don't want to lose too much image quality.

You could use ffv1, Dirac/VC2, JPEG2000, dnxhd, prores, huffyuv, just
raw video, ... It depends on how you want to transmit it and what
software is on the other side.