DCP Streaming

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 00:07:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
wrote:

> On Do, 2016-09-22 at 15:48 -0400, Aaron Boxer wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. DCP is a container for video and audio, and other metadata. I
> would like to create
> > a plugin that decompresses the video, and then streams over an existing
> protocol,.
>
> So you want to write a demuxer for DCP, that is then outputting the
> JPEG2000 video stream (and the audio), and gets the input via filesrc
> or anything else?

Thanks, yes. I would like to create the following components:

1) read DCP file from disk and demux using asdcplib, a separate library
using openssh
2) store uncompressed video and audio in container
3) stream using RTSP protocol to VLC client

I chose RTSP because I would like the VLC client to be able to seek,
rewind, ff, pause.

> > So, my question is: what is the best streaming format to use, once I
> decompress ?
> > For example, are there lossless video streaming formats ? Lossless
> because the original
> > is "visually lossless", so don't want to lose too much image quality.
>
> You could use ffv1, Dirac/VC2, JPEG2000, dnxhd, prores, huffyuv, just
> raw video, ... It depends on how you want to transmit it and what
> software is on the other side.

I would prefer raw video, as long as VLC client supports it.

Cheers,
Aaron

gstreamer-devel mailing list