qt5videosink is null

ericg eric_gilbertson at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 01:22:34 UTC 2016

Hello GStreamers,
I would appreciate help resolving why I cannot create a qt5videosink
element. The element returned from:
QGst::ElementPtr qt5sink = QGst::ElementFactory::make("qt5videosink");

is always null. Running gst-inspect-1.0 returns qtvideo* sink elements but
not qt5video* elements, however I do have a libgstqt5videosink.so in my
gstreamer installation directory. Running gst-inspect on it yields the
following:
$ gst-inspect-1.0 libgstqt5videosink.so
Plugin Details:
  Name                     libgstqt5videosink.so
  Description              Plugin for blacklisted file
  Filename
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gstreamer-1.0/libgstqt5videosink.so
  Version                  0.0.0
  License                  BLACKLIST
  Source module            BLACKLIST
  Binary package           BLACKLIST
  Origin URL               BLACKLIST

  0 features:

My environment is as follows: GStreamer-1.0, QtGst-1.2.0, Qt 5.5 Debian
wheezy. Any pointers on how to get qt5videowidget working is much
appreciated.

Regards,

Eric G