No sound played with alsasink plugin

damoder mogilipaka damoder.mogilipaka at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 14:06:57 UTC 2016

Dear,

We tried playing raw PCM data and audiotestsrc in our target board, but
there is no sound coming out.

We tried with the following commands, but no sound being played.

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! alsasink

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink device=hw:0,0

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink device=plughw:0,0

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audio/x-raw, rate=48000, channels=2,
format=(string)S16LE, layout=interleaved ! alsasink

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audio/x-raw, rate=48000, channels=2,
format=(string)S16LE, layout=interleaved ! alsasink device=hw:0,0

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.pcm ! audio/x-raw, rate=48000,
channels=2, format=(string)S16LE, layout=interleaved ! alsasink

Whereas, the sound is being played with following command, on the same
target board.

aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav

The sound is being played with ffmpeg commands also.

What we are suspecting is that alsasink plugin is not working on our target
board.

What could be the problem/issue for sound being not played on our target
board with gstreamer commands ?

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Damoder