Set partial pixel to be transparent in video

Sean csosmo at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 05:43:50 UTC 2016

Hi, Peter,

Thanks for the clarification. And you're right. The problem comes from that
x264enc doesn't recognized the Alpha channel (or my pipeline sent an invalid
YUV to x264enc). I solved this problem by adding
compositor" into my pipeline such that "compositor" will take ARGB/AYUV as
input, do alpha blending and output YUV (with Alpha information included).
The, the output YUV will become a valid input to x264enc and the output of
x264enc (test.ts) will have partial transparent pixels.

1. I use offset 0 to modify the Alpha value of ARGB in myelement.
2. Here is the pipeline that works:

gst_launch -v compositor name=comp  ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux !
filesink location=test.ts videotestsrc pattern=red !
video/x-raw,format=AYUV,width=640,height=480 ! myelement ! comp.sink_0