[glimagesink] Adding new property to glimagesink and access it in wayland platform

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 05:38:04 UTC 2017

Hi Nicolas

In in-vehicle infotainment, we use weston (wayland compositor) with
ivi-controller (wayland-ivi-extension, layermanager) instead of desktop
shell for handling and controlling widow surfaces from various application.

Now for video playback with weston on i.mx6 soc I found glimagesink is the
way to use, but as we are not using the desktop-shell there is no way to
show video surfaces on display without wrapping weston surface to ILM (IVI
Layermanager) using the ivi-application protocol. So in the use case where
we need to create two video pipeline with different surface id for ILM I
wanted to have this property in glimagesink with wayland so it can be
passed to ivi-application.

See
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/PROJ/Wayland+IVI+Extension+Design
for more details on ivi-application protocol and IVI ILM.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikash

From: Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca>

To: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer