GST_PAD_PROBE_HANDLED

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Apr 4 16:13:48 UTC 2017

Le mardi 04 avril 2017 à 15:28 +0200, marc lievens a écrit :
> Now it seems that when GST_PAD_PROBE_HANDLED is returned a memory
> leak is seen and when GST_PAD_PROBE_DROP is returned the memory leak
> disapeared.
> Are we doing something wrong or is there indeed some kind of memory
> leak?

As the doc says, it's the same behaviour "except that in this case you
need to unref the buffer or event yourself"

regards,
Nicolas

p.s. The Doc

"Data has been handled in the probe and will not be forwarded further.
For events and buffers this is the same behaviour as GST_PAD_PROBE_DROP
(except that in this case you need to unref the buffer or event
yourself). For queries it will also return TRUE to the caller. The
probe can also modify the GstFlowReturn value by using the
GST_PAD_PROBE_INFO_FLOW_RETURN() accessor. Note that the resulting
query must contain valid entries. Since: 1.6"