Q: "Package gstreamer-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config"

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:49:32 UTC 2017

Hello,

I hope someone can help with the following, I am a bit struglling with it.
I am trying to build the tutorials.

@user-VirtualBox:~/gstreamer/gst-docs/examples/tutorials$ gcc
basic-tutorial-1.c -o basic-tutorial-1 `pkg-config --cflags --libs
gstreamer-1.0`
Package gstreamer-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-1.0.pc'
No package 'gstreamer-1.0' found
basic-tutorial-1.c:1:21: fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gst/gst.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
user at user-VirtualBox:~

Yet, I did installed gstreamer-1.0-dev (sudo apt-get install
libgstreamer1.0-dev)  and everything seems to be in the correct
folder:

 /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gst/....

Does anyone knows what's the problem ?

Thank you,