Rgd CMAF in Dash

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Apr 6 15:54:08 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 06 avril 2017 à 19:21 +0530, Sanjay Gupta a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> do gstreamer already have changes in dash based on CMAF
> specification?

I wasn't aware, neither I'm involved, but isn't CMAF moving stuff from
DASH into HLS, leaving DASH as-is ? I was reading this.

https://blogs.akamai.com/2016/06/cmaf-what-it-is-and-why-it-may-change-
your-ott-future.html

I believe there is nothing new that were not support into dash. From
there, enabling fmp4 from HLS should be fairly straightforward. There
might be new things to parse in the .m3u8 files, but nothing major.

regards,
Nicolas