splitmuxsink and timestamps

Jan Schmidt jan at centricular.com
Tue Apr 18 11:05:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 18/04/17 19:26, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
> Hello Jan and list
>
> I would like to enhance splitmuxsink's "location" property with a way
> to produce files named after the absolute timestamp of the first frame
> included in the file.
>
> Which of GST_BUFFER_PTS, GST_BUFFER_DTS or GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP
> should I use for that purpose ?
>
> I work on a arm board running linux equipped with a camera sensor, and
> synchronised using ntp.  Myv4l2 driver produces UTC-time timestamps of
> each frame.
>
> Also, is there a container format that can hold those absolute timestamps,
> in order to retrieve them when replaying the file ?

In GStreamer 1.12 (and in the 1.11.90 pre-release), there's a
format-location-full signal on splitmuxsink that lets you do what you
want. It passes the first buffer of a new fragment, and you can use
whichever timestamp you want for generating the output filename.

GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP is an alias for GST_BUFFER_PTS, so they're the same
time.

Regards,
Jan.

--