Developing new plugin out of tree

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Apr 23 12:49:18 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-04-23 at 13:08 +0100, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-04-23 at 11:51 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
>
> Hi Russel,
>
> > I have extracted the sys/dvb directory from the gst-plugins-bad
> > repository so as to develop a new version based on libdvbv5 rather
> > than using the Linux API directly. Following Tim suggestion I have
> > meson.build file that allows the current code to build. However I
> > had
> > to add:
> >
> > conf_data = configuration_data()
> > conf_data.set('VERSION', '"1.11.90"')
> > conf_data.set('PACKAGE', '"gst-dvb"')
> > conf_data.set('GETTEXT_PACKAGE', '"gst-dvb"')
> > conf_data.set('GST_LICENSE', '""')
> > conf_data.set('GST_PACKAGE_NAME', '""')
> > conf_data.set('GST_PACKAGE_ORIGIN', '""')
> > conf_data.set('GST_API_VERSION', '""')
> >
> > I am wondering what the right way to populate these symbols is, for
> > this "out of repository" context.
>
> There isn't really a right way or a wrong way.
>
> You can do it via '-Dfoo=bar' in c_args, like my meson.build had
> already for PACKAGE and VERSION.

OK, I missed that, I will recheck.

> Or you do it like you're proposing by writing a config.h file from
> configuration_data(). You still need a
>
>   configure_file(output : 'config.h', configuration : conf_data)

That line is there, I just didn't clip it to the email.

> somewhere then, and may also need to add '-DHAVE_CONFIG_H' to c_args.

Definitely, again there.

I was really hoping someone might know the correct values. It seems
though my cheat shortcut isn't going to work, and I should hunt things
out for myself. No worries but it will not have to be after ACCU, which
will take up my time for the next week.

https://conference.accu.org/site/index.html

--
Russel.