Interleave isolation problem

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Sat Apr 29 08:15:01 UTC 2017

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 18:25:16 +0000
William Salibrici <bsalibrici at latticeinc.com> wrote:

> I am using the following simple pipeline to interleave two audio test
> sources. My development machine is windows 7 and I'm using GStreamer
> 1.10.4 with your windows pre-built binaries.
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -e --gst-debug=*:3
>   interleave name=i ! directsoundsink
>   audiotestsrc wave=0 freq=200 !
>     "audio/x-raw,format=S16LE,rate=8000,channels=1,channel-mask=(bitmask)0x1" !
>      queue ! i.sink_0
>   audiotestsrc wave=8 freq=1000 !
>     "audio/x-raw,format=S16LE,rate=8000,channels=1,channel-mask=(bitmask)0x2" !
>     queue ! i.sink_1
>
> The pipeline runs without errors. I used headphones to listen to the
> output. One side plays just the wave=0 signal which is correct.
> However, the other side plays the wave=8 signal mixed with an
> attenuated version of the wave=0 signal. Not good.

If you replace directsoundsink with "wavenc ! filesink
location=output.wav" and open the file in an audio editor (e.g.
Audacity) you can check if there is something wrong with interleave.

I tried your pipeline with 1.10.4 on linux and the produced audio
data seems to be OK here, so I don't think interleave is the problem.

It could be directsoundsink (try using the mixer to mute the right and
left channel maybe), or the problem could even be in the analog part of
the system.

When saying PEBCAC (Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer)
sometimes it is the user but sometimes it's just the cables. :)

Let us know if you figure out what is actually causing the issue.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite