Hardware acceleration support needed with Gstreamer on NVIDEA GPU

Shrishty Deorari shrishty.deorari at vvdntech.com
Tue Aug 1 13:20:02 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to build VDPAU GStreamer plugins which as I understand are
supported inside gst-plugins-bad.  I have following system configuration:

System :   16.04 Ubuntu , 64 bit
Gstreamer: 1.4.5
GPU card and Driver: GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Driver Version: 384.59

The issue is after installing drivers for GPU card and building Gstreamer
from scratch (all modules one by one) I built gst-plugins-bad but I see
only one vdpau plugin through  gst-inspect-1.0 command.

 ./gst-inspect-1.0 | grep  vdpau
vdpau:  vdpaumpegdec: VDPAU Mpeg Decode

No Other plugins are built or found.

Debugging further I tried enabling hardware accelerations and vdpau while
configuring gstliav using following options.

--enable-vdpau --enable-hwaccels"
On doing so I can see :
Enabled hwaccels:
h263_vdpau        mpeg2_vdpau        vc1_vdpau
h264_vdpau        mpeg4_vdpau        wmv3_vdpau
mpeg1_vdpau

BUt Still, there are no other plugins available for h264 encoding and
decoding of VDPAU.
Does the GPU card Which I am using doesn't have this support? Anyone with
any clue on this?

*With Warm Regards,*

Shrishty Deorari