Gstreamer version

Rajeesh rajeeshkr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:47:01 UTC 2017

Thanks for your guidance.

I have tried the below commands as you suggested and got the below response

# gst-inspect-0.10 | grep qtdemux
isomp4:  qtdemux: QuickTime demuxer

# gst-inspect-0.10 | grep -i aac
audioparsers:  aacparse: AAC audio stream parser
typefindfunctions: audio/aac: aac, adts, adif, loas

# gst-launch-0.10 --version
gst-launch-0.10 version 0.10.34
GStreamer 0.10.34
Unknown package origin

In my requirement, below is the command that I need to play through device,
but getting the below error.

# gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/HBBTv/samplevideo.mp4 ! qtdemux
name=dmux dmux.audio_00 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
autoaudiosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
*ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0: A
MPEG-4 AAC decoder plugin is required to play this stream, but not
installed.*
Additional debug info:
gstdecodebin.c(997): close_pad_link ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:
No decoder to handle media type 'audio/mpeg'
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I have also tried to play using "playbin2" element , but it throws me a
different error as shown below.

# gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///pcloc/samplevideo.mp4
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

*(gst-launch-0.10:28246): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfluismd.so': /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2:
undefined symbol: crc32*

(gst-launch-0.10:28246): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfluismd.so': /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2:
undefined symbol: crc32
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
Additional debug info:
qtdemux.c(3865): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ..

I just tried the above pipeline setups in a desktop that has the gstreamer
version 0.10.36 and found that both of them worked well. since the above
commands worked for the desktop, is there anyway to solve this issue without
upgrading the gstreamer version to 1.0 in the embedded device that I am
currently working on? or Any plugin updates will work ? Please help me to
understand this. Any of your thoughts will surely  helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.