GStreamer on Windows XP

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 03:15:01 UTC 2017

Hello,

Why do you have to use Windows XP? Microsoft has stopped supporting
XP, it has several extremely dangerous remote vulnerabilities that are
being exploited right now, and most projects have started dropping it.

GStreamer 0.10 is also not supported and likely has vulnerabilities.
You should not use it. Very few people will be interested in helping
you with problems with it. If you really *have* to use XP, you can try
using GStreamer 1.0 on it. People have used it on XP in the past.

But you really should move to a newer Windows version (alternatively,
use Linux if you can).

Cheers,
Nirbheek