can I add a new input pad to a running audiomixer?

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 01:45:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have an audiomixer working where I am mixing several audio feeds that are
originating from decklink SDI interfaces (non-GStreamer implementation for
the SDI interfaces). Each of the input pads to the audiomixer has an appsrc
preceding it. All of these inputs to the mixer are configured before the
mixer starts running. I now want to add dynamic inputs to this mixer, that
is, add a new mixer input/pad while the mixer is running.

Question: How does creating a new input pad effect a running mixer?  Is this
even possible or am I opening up a can of worms by even thinking of doing
so?

Thanks,
-Andres