is there an audio plugin for this?

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:47:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

As we are all well aware, most of the general purpose audio capture cards
are very restrictive. They have 2 physical analog inputs one for Right and
one for Left of a single stereo signal, and the 2 inputs cannot be
controlled or configured differently from each other.

I want to be able to treat these 2 inputs as 2 separate mono inputs, where
each can feed separate and distinct 2 channel mono feeds downstream.
Essentially, I want the option to copy over all of the left channel audio
samples to the right channel, or all of the right channel audio samples to
the left channel.  In other words, the option is to remove one channel's
audio and provide 2 channel mono audio of the other channel's audio
downstream.

Is there an audio plugin for this?  I have looked at audiointerleave and it
appears that it might do what I want but there is no detailed description in
the documentation of what it does so I am not sure.

Thanks,
-Andres