is there an audio plugin for this?

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Fri Aug 11 16:07:36 UTC 2017

You are close. You need the *de*interleaver. Here is one example that
outputs both mono streams as graphical waveforms:

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! "audio/x-raw, channels=2" ! deinterleave
name=i   \
     i. ! queue ! "audio/x-raw, channels=1" ! audioconvert dithering=0 !
"audio/x-raw, channels=2" ! wavescope ! videoconvert ! autovideosink   \
     i. ! queue ! "audio/x-raw, channels=1" ! audioconvert dithering=0 !
"audio/x-raw, channels=2" ! wavescope ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

So, here, deinterleave first splits up the channels, and then the
individual audioconvert elements convert mono to stereo by duplicating
samples. (I set dithering to 0 since I want audioconvert to strictly
duplicate samples, nothing else.)