Subscribe to bus messages, no events fired

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Aug 21 17:21:13 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-08-21 at 09:48 -0700, testermax wrote:

Hi Joachim,

> I`m currently working on a C# WPF application. I need to subscribe to
> error messages etc. that the bus submitts.
> I can currently only recieve messages from the "SyncMessage" event,
> but not the "Message" event...
>
> Whatever I do to try to fire an error state, the message handler wont
> trigger. How can I get the message event to fire?

Bus.AddSignalWatch() requires a running GLib (or Gtk+) main loop
running to work.

On a side note, the playbin element itself implements the
GstVideoOverlay interface as well, so you don't have to wait for a
prepare-window-handle sync message, but can just set things directly on
it and it will proxy it to any sinks later.

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference!
21-22 October 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/